A Strong Social Conscience
At Barkers we are passionate about using our platform to deliver social impact, and we operate using the principles of “responsible business”.
This extends to the services we consume and provide, supporting charities and causes including Business in The Community and Social Enterprise UK. New for 2018, we are setting up our own social enterprise to support our commitment to deliver £1m of social impact in 2018.
Our social conscience is a core value that we hold front and centre of the business, and we see it as fundamental to our growth. By collaborating with Barkers, you not only revolutionise your business, but many lives of those less fortunate throughout the North West of England and beyond.
Business in the Community
We engage with charities at CEO and trustee board level to help them become more commercially aware. The focus is on two main areas:
- Taking cost out of their supply chain and third-party expenses
- Helping them to think more strategically and commercially about how the charity operates, both in the creation and delivery of Social Value, and how funds are raised
At a regional level we work with various North West charities, housing associations, and government bodies, and are proud to have helped with:
- Coaching Homeless Charity CEO’s to become more effective leaders and communicators;
- Reducing water bills for those receiving benefits and living in social housing;
- Providing Charities with comprehensive assessments of all third-party expenses with recommendation reports on how to reduce costs and risks, and;
- Guidance to local leaders in understanding how investing in social enterprise creates value in their business and in society
Our work has led us to be appointed to the Blackpool Responsible Business Board as advisors to the Pride of Place regeneration programme.
Numerous Social Enterprise Successes
Working with local authorities and charitable causes, Barkers is well on the way to launching its Landscaping Lives social enterprise. It is aimed at connecting its business network to landscaping services managed by a professional team, and provided by individuals in need of a chance in life. See our news section for updates and please do get in touch if your organisation would like to get involved.